Carpool

Before telling this story I feel the need to emphasize the drastic lengths to which shy kids will go avoid all verbal communication with others.

Example One:



Example Two:



 That being said:

I was part of a complex carpool system in junior high through high school and consequently there was a wide spectrum of unforeseeable driving decisions and drop-off procedures involved day-to-day, depending on the preferred methods of the parent scheduled to drive.


As a junior high student at the time, I was accustomed to being dropped off at the junior high school building after the high schoolers were dropped off, but on some occasions the carpool parent of the day chose to drop all the students off at one building and from there we could cross the street to reach our proper building. The latter method generally took me by surprise and on occasion I would find myself accidentally not dropped off at any building.


I quickly became aware that the carpool parent was no longer within close proximity of either school buildings but was now on his way to work, unaware of my silent presence panicking in the backseat.